Yeongam, South Korea - Australian Mark Webber remained bullish about his chances of winning this year’s Formula One world championship, despite losing his leadership after crashing out of Sunday’s Korean Grand Prix. The 34-year-old Red Bull driver spun his car during the early laps of a delayed and interrupted, but wildly dramatic, rain-hit race while...
City deny Rooney contact as clubs weigh up offers
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini denied on Wednesday that his club had approached Wayne Rooney in a bid to sign the striker from cross-town rival Manchester United.Big-spending City was one of the teams heavily linked to speculation about Rooney, who has told United manager Alex Ferguson he does not want to extend his contract at Old Trafford...
Spain players head FIFA Ballon d'Or nominations
Seven players from Spain's World Cup-winning team, including Barcelona trio Andres Iniesta, David Villa and Xavi Hernandez, were nominated Tuesday for the 2010 FIFA Ballon d'Or world player of the year award.The 23-man list also has three players who starred both at the World Cup and for their club last season: Golden Ball winner Diego Forlan of Uruguay...
Yamaha allows Rossi to test for Ducati
By Matt BeerValentino Rossi has been given clearance to test the Ducati for the first time in the post-season sessions at Valencia next month.Yamaha's contract with Rossi does not expire until the end of the season, but he had urged the team to give him dispensation to start work with his new employer immediately after the 2010 racing season ends.Two...
Stoner targeting strong set-up and Hayden eyeing podium
With three wins from the four previous rounds Casey Stoner is a rider in form and the Ducati Team rider will be aiming to deliver the Bologna factory it’s first MotoGP win at the Estoril circuit in this weekend’s Grande Premio de Portugal.Stoner finished second in last year’s race – Ducati’s best premier class result at Estoril to date – and comes...
Checa confirmed for last two rounds with Pramac
Pramac Racing today (Monday, October 25th) confirmed that Carlos Checa will ride for them in the final two rounds of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship at Estoril and Valencia. The 38 year-old Spaniard replaces Finnish rider Mika Kallio, who decided following the previous round in Australia to end his partnership with the team early as he continues...
Davydenko beaten, Sick Youzhny pulls out
Moscow - The Kremlin Cup suffered a double blow on Wednesday when top seed Nikolay Davydenko was beaten in his opening match while champion Mikhail Youzhny was forced to pull out with a virus infection."I had made a decision to withdraw after losing my doubles match," Youzhny, seeded second, told reporters."I don`t feel well at all and I don`t think...