Fisichella confident of Force India future

Giancarlo Fisichella insisted on Friday that he has no fears over his seat with the Force India team in the 2009 season despite the backmarkers having penned a technical agreement with McLaren-Mercedes.
Force India, who finished without a point in 2008, had McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa behind the wheel at a two-day Barcelona test earlier this month.

That prompted speculation over the future of the experienced Fisichella as well as teammate Adrian Sutil.

"The line-up has been announced in China in October by (team principal) Vijay Mallya, and I trust people who trust me," Fisichella told the official F1 website, www.formula1.com.

"I originally signed a two-year contract which was reviewed in September to incorporate the McLaren deal. In a few words, the team offered me a better car and a different package.

"I accepted their proposal and both sides signed the new document between Singapore and China. This is why Dr Mallya made the announcement in Shanghai."

The Italian driver said he was not surprised by seeing de la Rosa offered a test with Force India.

"The only thing I know is that in September we were told that Pedro could test and we could not say before it was made official so I was not at all surprised," he said.

Source:
http://sport.id.msn.com

Archive