Cassano: 'Cavani like Ibrahimovic? It's a joke!'

Antonio Cassano laughs off comparisons between Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani. “Let’s not joke around. Ibra is on another level.”

Monday’s big match sees leaders Milan welcome second place Napoli in a Scudetto clash and Cassano gave a long interview to the Corriere dello Sport in preparation.

“Are we under pressure from Napoli? No, here at Milan the only pressure is our blood pressure,” smiled the striker.

“I don’t care what Inter and Napoli want. I do not fear anybody. This Milan is not afraid and it shouldn’t be, as it is the strongest team, without doubt.”

When asked who was the better player right now between Ibrahimovic and top scorer Cavani, Cassano had no hesitation.

“Let’s not joke around, what kind of a question is that? Cavani is a good player, but he reminds me of Igor Protti at Bari. He needs to be more consistent. Ibrahimovic is on another level.

“The best I ever played with was Ronaldo, followed by Zinedine Zidane, then Ibra and Francesco Totti on a par.”

There are reports Cassano will be dropped for Monday’s game in favour of Alexandre Pato, who scored a sensational goal against Chievo.

“Pato is the absolute best and I told him that. Only Leo Messi is better and the two together would be incredible to watch. I immediately got along with Ibrahimovic, as me and Zlatan are two totally crazy guys, so we are similar. Pato is more of a little boy and quite shy.”

Cassano joined Milan during the January transfer window after two months frozen out of Sampdoria following a blazing row with President Riccardo Garrone.

“Looking back to what happened four months ago, I would pay out of my own pocket to avoid the mistake I made with Garrone. He was the person who showed me the most affection in the football world and he really didn’t deserve what I did to him.”

Archive