Aoyama looking forward to MotoGP challenge

Following the news this weekend in Portugal that 250cc front-runner Hiroshi Aoyama will ride in MotoGP next season, under the management of current Emmi - Caffe Latte boss Daniel M. Epp, the Japanese rider gave his thoughts to motogp.com about his move into the big time.

Having crossed the line fourth at Estoril to keep his title quest on target - with a 28 point advantage with three rounds to go - Aoyama allowed himself to look ahead to his premier class adventure, saying, “It was one of my targets to go into MotoGP and finally I have got it. It has taken a long time so I am really happy about it. There has been a lot of co-operation from a lot of people to organise this, so I want to thank all the guys.”

The Scot Racing rider has done a good job on his return to Honda this season and he will ride a Honda RC212V in MotoGP next year. On his objectives regarding the switch to 800cc competition Aoyama added, “It will be a new category for me so I don’t know yet how well I will ride the bike. It is a very important series and the level is the best in the world. It won’t be easy but I want to fight with those riders and try to always make my performances better.”

Further details Epp’s 2010 MotoGP project with Aoyama will be announced at the final round of the current season in Valencia in November.

Source: http://www.motogp.com

Archive