Lewis Hamilton still gunning for second F1 title

Dubai - McClaren's Lewis Hamilton has vowed to give it all as he heads into the last two races of the season and seeks to land his second Formula One title.

Third-placed Hamilton finished a disappointing second in Korea on October 24 and trails leader Ferrari's Fernando Alonso by 21 points.

The championship resumes on Sunday with the Brazilian Grand Priz at Interlagos before finishing in Abu Dhabi.

"I'm going into these last two to give it my all and I do believe I can win it," Hamilton told the BBC.

"If I didn't then I shouldn't be sitting here, I'd be at home sitting with my legs up.

"My team know that I never give up and I feel that transcends through the whole team. We are still in the fight for the last two races. It's still possible."

Five drivers still have a chance of winning the title, with defending champion Jenson Button of McLaren the furthest adrift at 42 points behind leader Alonso.

"We are excited, we have everything to gain and not too much to lose," Hamilton added.

Archive