Proteas star Prince ready for Pakistan Test

Dubai - South Africa's star batsman Ashwell Prince, who has cracked 11 Test centuries and ten half centuries from his 57 Test matches has joined the squad for the Test series against Pakistan.

After a long training session at the ICC Global Cricket Academy, Prince said: "I feel I am in good nick. I had four four-day games so far and have hit three hundreds. So I feel I am in good form. Test match cricket is a different level but I am hoping to do well."

Left-handed Prince, who had captained South Africa in the absence of an injured Graeme Smith in July 2006, is a good reader of the game.

"We are expecting the wicket to be slower than South African pitches; probably it may spin a bit. We are not expecting bouncy and fast pitches here and it could be similar to sub-continent conditions," said Prince, who has high regard for the Pakistan team.

Archive