Ancelotti denies Roma rumors

London - English Premier League side Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said on Friday that he plans to stay at Chelsea despite the team's poor results recently.

Chelsea dropped off the pace in the race for the Premier League title and also crashed out of the FA Cup to Everton, which made the 51-year-old's future and Stamford Bridge in doubt.

Ancelotti has been linked with a move to former club Roma after ex-Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri left the Stadio Olimpico last week.

However, Ancelotti said he remains committed to Chelsea and is focused on finishing the season well with the West London outfit.

"I count on staying where I am," Ancelotti said. "I am still Italian, but I appreciate the English, even if at times their press exaggerates things, like in the case of Rino Gattuso."

"I am thinking about the Champions League and fourth place at the minimum in the Premier League. I have drummed it into the team: think about the final at Wembley. I am working a lot," he said.

Archive