Jazeman Ready For First Round 2011 British F3 International Series In Monza

Sepang - Petronas-backed young Malaysian driver, Jazeman Jaafar is eager to be back on track for the first round of the 2011 Cooper Tires British F3 International Series championship to be held at Monza, Italy next week.

Jazeman concluded his pre-season testing for the new season last week with a final two-day at Snetterton circuit in Norfolk, England.

In his second season in the series, the 19-year-old, who is racing for the Carlin Dallara-Volkswagen team, raced comfortably to finish in the top 10 throughout the official test and completed his preparations for the first round of the championship in Italy.

"My goal is always to win races. There will be tough competitions and I don't underestimate how tough it will be, but I have the commitment, passion and determination to succeed.

"As a racing driver my aim is to reach the pinnacle of my sport, which is, of course Formula 1, and if I am to do that I have to prove that I have the skill and the talent needed and British F3 is the right training ground for this," he told Bernama in recent interview.

Jazeman, who is based in UK, was here to watch the 2011 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix last week as a guest of Petronas and Mercedes GP Petronas F1 Team.

The Kuala Lumpur lad already had experience standing on the British F3 podium, following a strong rookie season in the junior championship last year.

Source: http://www.bernama.com

Archive