Bautista aiming to return at Estoril

Álvaro Bautista has set his sights on making a racing return at Estoril in May, as the Spaniard continues to recover from a broken left femur which was sustained during the season-opening event in Qatar. American rider John Hopkins took the place of Bautista for the Rizla Suzuki squad at Jerez, but the 26-year-old is eager to get back on his bike for Round 3 of the championship.

"We've been looking at the X-rays they took of me this afternoon with Dr. Villamor and it appears that the bone is forming well and there's less risk of it not healing well," Bautista told the official MotoGP website.

"We've passed the first stage, and that means I should be able to start to push on little by little and start getting stronger in the leg, because I have lost a lot of strength and with less fear I can start to move the bone and regain full feeling. That'll mean I can start exercising with a little resistance and start to speed up the recuperation process to be as quick as possible."

"It's still not 100% certain, but the only thing on my mind is returning and my aim is to do that in Estoril although it'll be a decision for the medical team. They've told me that if I continue at this pace there is a good chance, but there is still a lot of hard work ahead if I want to get back to a suitable physical condition for MotoGP."

Source: http://www.gpupdate.net

Archive