Crutchlow feeling ‘a lot of confidence’ for Le Mans

Cal Crutchlow heads to the fourth round of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship at Le Mans looking to build on the impressive form he has shown during the first three races.

The MotoGP rookie has enjoyed a fairly seamless transition from Superbikes this year, the Briton scoring a top ten finish in the wet at Jerez before matching that with an eighth place finish last time out in the dry at Estoril.

Going on to impress further by setting the fourth quickest lap time during the following Estoril test, though Le Mans represents another new circuit to learn, Crutchlow is arriving on a wave of confidence.

"I'm heading to Le Mans with a lot of confidence, even though it is another track I've only ever seen before on TV," the Tech 3 Yamaha rider said. "I know it won't be an easy task but Estoril was obviously another great weekend for me and then to finish fourth quickest in the test showed what I am capable of.

"Each time I get on the bike I am learning more and more and thanks to my guys at Monster Yamaha Tech 3 I've been able to make some big progress.

“I'm always determined to get the best result possible but this weekend definitely has extra significance being the Team's home race and Monster being title sponsor of the event. If I can replicate the results I achieved in Jerez and Estoril I'll be really happy."

Crutchlow is currently classified eighth in the overall standings.

Archive