Simoncelli gets first taste of RC213V

After agreeing a new contract with San Carlo Honda Gresini and HRC at Motegi, Marco Simoncelli was back on track on Monday following a bittersweet Grand Prix to test the 1000cc bike he will ride next year. It was an important opportunity to discover the potential of the RC213V and give his feedback to HRC, and turned out to be a fun day for Marco who now heads to the Philippines for a short break before the next round of the MotoGP World Championship at Phillip Island in Australia.

Marco Simoncelli
“The big day finally arrived and I was able to test the bike I will be riding in Team San Carlo Honda Gresini colours next year. It was a fantastic experience to get out on the RC213V and I would like thank HRC for the opportunity. I completed 50 laps and quickly felt confident with the new bike, setting similar lap times to the RC212V. At the end of the day I gave my feedback and suggestions, which I hope will be important in the development of the bike from here. Now I am taking some days off on the island of Boracay in the Philippines before the next race at Phillip Island.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release

Archive