Edwards second best CRT in Motegi

A very small gap separated the NGM Mobile Forward Racing Team with its Suter-BMW bike from their direct competitor in the CRT category, Aleix Espargaró, with whom the team felt Edwards could have had battled with, if it hadn’t been for his unfortunate loss of his right knee slider on the fourth lap.

Colin Edwards
"The race started good and I saw Espargaró was right there. I started pushing and felt good. Four laps in, I went to put my knee down in the last corner and it nearly ripped me off the bike and I looked down on the straight and I saw I had no knee pad. It just fell off, I don’t remember hitting a curb or anything. Initially I was thinking I had to pull in because I ride like a tripod, put my knee down and let the bike work underneath me. I just thought about the Bootcamp, feet up, use your body, be smooth. We had a small issue with electronics during the race but overall the package is getting a little better. Thanks to my team, they’ve done a great job over the weekend."

Press release courtesy of NGM Mobile Forward Racing.

Archive