Bradl celebrates historic pole in California

The 2011 Moto2™ World Champion stormed to the top grid spot with an impressive final sector. On Sunday, he will share the front row of the grid with championship leader Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda Team) and Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Honda Gresini), who help to make up an all-Honda front row at Laguna Seca.

“It’s really nice to be on pole, for sure,” says LCR Honda MotoGP’s Bradl, who last year finished seventh from ninth on the grid. “It was one of the best laps I had ever done. I put a lot of effort into this qualifying because I knew it was going to be tough.

“I had a clear track with my second tyre and I just went for it. I was really happy, especially with the last section which I think I was doing really fast. It’s really nice to be here and I will enjoy it. For sure, it will be a little bit different for tomorrow, but we know we have the pace and we will keep going.”

Prior to Saturday, Bradl had clinched his first ever MotoGP™ front row start just two races ago when he qualified third for the Dutch TT at Assen.

Archive