Gallas admits to slump

Arsenal and France centre-back William Gallas concedes he has suffered disappointing form for both club and country.

The Gunners captain's defending has come in for criticism following the side's stuttering beginning to the new campaign.

France have also struggled after they slumped to defeat in their first World Cup qualifier, following a poor showing at Euro 2008.

The former Chelsea player, 31, is aware he has not been at the top of his game but has vowed to return to his best.

Most difficult
He said: "I can say we have not seen the Gallas from 2006 this term so far. In a few matches, I have not been so good. With the French team in Sweden and Austria, I was not very good at some moments.

"I would close my eyes if I would say I am strong. That would mean I don't recognise I did have a few bad performances, as recently with my club against Hull City. Maybe I feel a little tried.

"Do I experience the most difficult period since I joined Arsenal? We could say yes. Above all I miss consistency. One match is good, the other one is not so good. However, I am doing everything to get to my best again."

Source:
http://www.premierleague.com

Archive