Nieto back to form in France

After struggling to return to the kind of form that made him a winner at the opening round at Losail, Fonsi Nieto returned to podium form for only the third time in 2008 at Magny-Cours.

The Spanish Superstar was enthused by his race one result, even if could not get himself back into contention in race two because he had to use his spare machine.

"The first race was a good result for me", said Fonsi. "Everything worked very well and the only problem I had was at the start when my fuel tank was full and the bike was not so easy to handle. After some laps, the fuel was less and I was able to push harder".

"For race two, I had to use my spare bike because the gearchange was not working properly on my number one bike. My spare bike did not feel as good or as fast, so I just had to ride as hard as I could without doing anything stupid. Eighth is not wonderful, but this weekend I have scored more points than any other weekend except the first round in Qatar and that makes me happy".

Source:
http://www.worldsbk.com

Archive