Haslam tests new Honda at Cartagena

Leon Haslam has just completed two days of testing at Cartagena in Spain for the Stiggy Honda team.

Haslam spent the test getting his Honda Fireblade set-up in preparation for the 2009 World Superbike Championship. He and team-mate Roby Rolfo were setting up their newly-tuned ORAL Honda engines and Magneti Marelli electronics before the end of the year.

Haslam said: "After these two days of testing my feelings are only positive. The team works extremely well together and the crew are just great. The atmosphere in the team is fantastic. This test was focused on finding out as much as possible about the engines as well as the electronics. I think we pulled that off pretty well because we improved the bike and our lap times after every pit stop. My bike already feels better than a lot of the bikes I rode in the past."

Rolfo added, "My feeling with the team is really good. It's a very experienced team and I'm very pleased with my crew chief and everybody else. Over the two days we managed to improve the bike and the rideability a lot. Today we worked on the engine characteristics and found out a lot of important information. I have to say the engine feels very powerful and smooth."

Source:
http://www.visordown.com

Archive