Lanzi satisfied with WSBK return

Lorenzo Lanzi is confident of a better showing at Misano after describing his return to the World Superbike Championship with DFX Corse in the United States as 'difficult but positive'.

The Italian made his debut with the team at Miller Motorsports Park as the replacement for the injured Regis Laconi, Lanzi proceeding to make a respectable showing off himself having been out of international action for several months.

Reaching Superpole at his first attempt, although his rustiness would hurt his chances at the start of the first race, Lanzi pushed on in the second to record two points in 14th position.

Although Lanzi wasn't delighted with the result, he was content that he and the team were able to make improvements throughout the weekend.

“It was a very difficult but positive weekend. I knew that it would be hard for us, but thanks to the hard work of all the team, we were able to consistently improve. I had to practically start again from zero, which explains why I made a mistake in Superpole and again at the start of race one. At the restart I didn't make any mistakes, but from there it was impossible to do any more.

“In race two things went better, and I got into a very fast rhythm which enabled me to fight in the group chasing the leaders. I made a few overtaking moves, but above all I was quicker than in the same race last season.

“I like the bike and there are ample margins to improve it, and there's a nice, calm atmosphere within the team which allows me to look to the future with confidence. They're the first two points of 2009, a small but significant haul to build upon, right from the next test at Misano.”

Source: http://www.crash.net

Archive