Lippi returns to lead Azzurri again

Veteran tactician Marcello Lippi has been re-appointed as the national coach of Italy following the sacking of Roberto Donadoni.

A statement on the Italian Football Federation official website read: "Marcello Lippi returns as the leader of the Italian national team,"

"The president of the FIGC, Giancarlo Abete, named the new technical commissioner of the Azzurri as a replacement of Roberto Donadoni.

"Lippi will be presented on Tuesday July 1 at a press conference in Rome."

Outgoing boss Donadoni said: "I'm upset, I'm not going to hide that,"

"But I would do it all again. I'm happy with what the players did. They gave their all. It has been a marvellous experience.

"The evaluation of my time in charge will be done on the two years, but you know that when you participate at a tournament like the Euros everything can be decided on incidents."

Source:
http://www.worldfootballers.com

Archive