Jonathan Rea Wins Irish Motorcyclist Of The Year Award

Jonathan Rea was awarded the trophy for the Motorcyclist Of The Year for the second time at the Irish Racer Awards on Friday at the Ramada Hotel in Belfast.

Rea said after the presentation,

“Just like last year I have got to thank the public for their votes, I’m simply flabbergasted.

To retain this trophy which depicts Joey Dunlop’s famous yellow helmet means a lot to me. He was my boyhood hero.

This award will again have pride of place among my other trophies back home.”

Rea signed a three-year deal with the Ten Kate Honda World Superbike team back in September and will ride alongside BSB rider Ryuichi Kiyonari and Spain’s Carlos Checa in the 2009 season.

The 21-year-old Irish man, signed the contract on the Saturday night and on the Sunday took second place in the World Supersport Championship.

Source:
http://www.worldsuperbikenews.co.uk

Archive