Pedrosa: `Pressure comes completely from me´

Repsol Honda rider Dani Pedrosa has long been regarded as a title aspirant over the course of his three-year premier class career, and has justified expectations with two overall top 3 finishes in the last two seasons.

Speaking at the Bread&Butter show in Barcelona -which he attended alongside Repsol Honda team sponsor GAS with Claudio Grotto, CEO of Grotto SpA- on Thursday, the Spaniard acknowledged the onus on him to take the World Championship in 2009, but added that the obligation was entirely self-imposed.

`The pressure is completely mine. I try very hard and feel that I have to push myself,´ said the former 125cc and 250cc titlist. `I also have many people behind me, pushing for me to do well, and I am happy to have that.´

Looking ahead to the upcoming season, Pedrosa does not expect the competition to be any less difficult than in the past.

`It´s going to be tough; all of my rivals will be trying harder than last year, and the races will be tougher and with more fight. Valentino (Rossi) was the best last year, and he will be the reference point for us right from the start. My new teammate (Andrea Dovizioso) is likely to improve after a good rookie season, and he will become more powerful with experience.

`I´ve had a good break, rested a little, and healed my injuries. Now I feel good and excited about testing.´

Source:
http://www.motogp.com

Archive