`King of Swing´ Roberts pushed by Rainey for celebrity golf debut

Rekindling the competitive fires for his debut in the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am golf tournament, MotoGP Legend Kenny Roberts has been spurred on in his training by fellow former MotoGP World Champion Wayne Rainey.

Preparing to compete for a $6.1 million purse at the American event, which takes place from February 9th until February 15th, Roberts´ dedication to his shot at golfing glory has left Rainey highly impressed.

`Kenny hit a hole-in-one during training for this tournament on hole #11 at Poppy Hill in Pebble Beach. He is on his way to becoming a legend out on the golf course too!´ says Rainey on his friend´s training form.

`Half of my life I have trained to race motorcycles and the other half was as a team owner. Now I am training to be a golfer,´ said Roberts. Normally I would just go out and play golf, but I am out on the golf course trying to do this better which is something I have not done in a long time,´ adds Roberts.

`I would have never imagined it would be like this and it is great to train and focus on making myself more consistent on the golf course. The roles are reversed now as I am at Wayne´s house in Monterey for the winter and he is pushing me to go out and practice. In the past, Wayne would be at my house for the winter and I would push him to train.´

Source:
http://www.motogp.com

Archive