Jorge Lorenzo looking for Bridgestone confidence

Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo is confident that he will quickly adapt to Bridgestone tyres after last weekend’s opening 2009 test in Sepang.

The Fiat Yamaha rider finished the three-day session only eighth fastest on his third appearance on the Japanese rubber.

Of the other riders to switch from Michelin for 2009, Lorenzo was beaten by fellow Yamaha YZR-M1 rider Colin Edwards and factory Honda rider Andrea Dovizioso in the Far East.

And he admitted that the switch to Bridgestone had not been as smooth as he’d hoped.

“I don’t have confidence or feeling with the front and rear tyres, although it was coming better on the final day. I am struggling with the soft and the hard tyre. I’m not sure what is worse.

"The difference between the tyres is a lot. The performance and feeling is very different and still I don’t know how to go faster. Now I would be faster with Michelin because I am quit slow with Bridgestone.

"I don’t think the bike is much different to Valentino’s (Rossi) bike, so if Valentino can go a lot faster than me it is because you can ride the bike at that pace.

"I need to understand more the Bridgestone and the new bike,“ said the double world 250 champion.

Source:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com

Archive