Gronholm tests Mikkelsen’s Rally Sweden Fiesta S2000

Written by Scott Coursey

Marcus Gronholm is testing the Ford Fiesta S2000 today that Andreas Mikkelsen will use on next weekend's Rally Sweden, according to the Norwegian's website.

The double world champion (who is Mikkelsen's mentor) was testing the Fiesta, in Kall, northern Sweden, alongside the Ford Focus WRC 08 that he will drive under the Stobart banner in Sweden. Mikkelsen will begin his test with the super 2000 Fiesta on Monday.

When asked by autosport.com if he can win the Swedish Rally this year, Gronholm replied: "I would say it's quite difficult. I haven't driven for so long now and to be competitive straight away is tough. I will be disappointed if I'm not in the right kind of speed with the other drivers, though. I think it's fully possible to make the podium."

Source: http://www.rallybuzz.com

Archive