Lorenzo fit to continue after morning crash

MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo has been declared fit to continue in this weekend's US Grand Prix, after medical checks ruled out serious injury in this morning's huge final practice highside.

Lorenzo was in visible pain following the accident, which occurred moments after a practice start, at the very end of the 45-minute session at Laguna Seca.

The Factory Yamaha rider, now within 15 points of title leader Casey Stoner, was a close third in final practice - behind Stoner and the Australian's Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa.

“That isn't how I planned to finish the free practice," said Lorenzo. "I am not sure yet why I crashed, I need to take the video from Dorna and study it as I was not going that fast.

"Anyway I am very sore especially in my hip but happy to be uninjured and will still be there to give 100% in qualifying this afternoon.

"Apart from the crash the morning session was good, the bike still needs more going into the corners but we are getting there.”

Qualifying takes place this afternoon.

Source: http://www.crash.net

Archive