Hopkins targets race wins for Stiggy in rookie WSB year

WSB newcomer John Hopkins has targeted race wins for his first year in the Superbike World Championship with the privateer Stiggy Racing Honda squad. The 25 year-old Anglo-American, who steps into this year's series in the third round at Valencia in place of Roby Rolfo, will get a first chance to try the Swedish team's Honda CBR1000RR at the Almeria circuit in Spain on March 30, one week before the Spanish round of the championship at Valencia.

"I am really excited to get back out on the track and have nothing but good expectations" declared Hopkins. "I have been watching SBK over the past few years and the series is always very exciting. Each year, it keeps growing and growing and drawing more and more attention. The racing season seems a lot tighter than in MotoGP. The machines seem more evenly matched so, all and all, I am just really excited to get started. Right from the start, in the first race, Leon showed that the bike could be put on the podium.

"The Stiggy Racing Honda has already proved that it is competitive and I would just like to adapt to it as quickly as possible. I want to be able to run at the front right from the get-go. My goal is to accumulate as many wins and podiums as possible. I am looking forward to the experience and riding all the new tracks. I would like to thank my sponsors for standing by me this season, and I would like to thank Stiggy Racing Honda for giving me the opportunity to go racing in such a competitive series!"

Source:
http://www.worldsbk.com

Archive