Pedrosa: “Unexpected podium will motivate Honda”

One of the more surprising placings at the Polini Grand Prix of Japan, Dani Pedrosa’s third place kept the Spaniard within touching distance of the MotoGP World Championship leaders. It was an important result for Pedrosa, but also gave Honda an important top three finish at their home circuit –a result that the factory rider feels will push on development of the RC212V.

“It’s a great result. I don’t think that anybody expected it. I think I could have even taken second, but when I passed Rossi he seemed to wake up and see that he had to go faster!” said Pedrosa after the Japanese showdown.

“Third isn’t the best place -we obviously still need to work hard. Hopefully with the situation we are in now this result will create a good feeling, and I think that the motivation within Honda to make progress will increase.”

Additional progress also appears to have been made with the Repsol Honda man’s knee, as he steadily regains fitness as the weeks go by. He hailed the work done by not just himself, but also the doctors in charge of getting him in fighting shape.

“After six months of problems with my knee –surgery, being scared to push things, no testing- I took a podium and I’m very happy with this. I only have to thank the doctors for getting me fit to be here.”

Pedrosa is now fifth in the general classification, one point behind teammate Andrea Dovizioso.

Source:
http://www.motogp.com

Archive