Pop star Rouvas takes a spin with Hirvonen

Mikko Hirvonen helped Greek pop music superstar Sakis Rouvas rev up for his sell-out concert in Limassol on Thursday night by taking the singer for a passenger ride in his Ford Focus RS WRC.

Hirvonen took the 37-year-old for a drive along the seafront road into Limassol, where Rouvas performed a special sell-out concert.

"Sakis wanted to know all about the switches and controls in the cockpit of the Focus and we joked about how both of us earn our living on a stage - him on the stage of concert venues and me in the special stages of the WRC," said Hirvonen. "The Eurovision Song Contest has a huge following in Finland so I promised to support him in May's competition - provided he doesn't beat my own country! When I saw the welcome he received from fans at the start I realised just what a huge star he is in this part of the world."

"That was a fantastic experience," said Rouvas, as he climbed out of the car. "Mikko told me all about the car and showed me some of its capabilities. I was amazed at the acceleration, there was a real kick in the back as the power came in, and the braking was equally impressive. It's the first time I have sat inside a World Rally Car. Mikko promised me that next time he will drive me through a stage so when Ford comes to the rally in Greece in June I will contact him to remind him of that!"

After his ride with Hirvonen, Sakis was lucky enough to get a second World Rally Car experience as he was driven over the start podium and onto stage of his Palais des Sports concert by World Champion Sebastien Loeb.

Source:
http://www.wrc.com

Archive