Glock preparing for sultry Malaysia

Timo Glock is ready for his second big challenge of the week, as the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix are back-to-back for the second consecutive year. The German's first race at humid Sepang took place in 2008, leading only to retirement on the first lap after a collision with Nico Rosberg.

"I don't have much experience of racing in Malaysia because I was taken out so early last year," Glock recalls, "but from practice and qualifying I know the conditions are quite extreme. It's pretty tough on the cars and tyres as well, but I can adapt quickly to different conditions and different tracks so I'm ready for the challenge."

Timo is experiencing a positive start to the new season; having raced to fourth place in Australia on Sunday, he enjoyed a spirited battle with Fernando Alonso which ended as the German passed the Spaniard around the outside of Turn 4. "I said before the season started that our car looked pretty good and the performance we showed in Australia proved that," he continued. "It's great to have good points on the board already this season, and my goal is obviously to add to that this weekend. We have every reason to be optimistic."

Source:
http://f1.gpupdate.net

Archive